Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Belly and the Beach

We just got back from a fabulous weekend at the beach house...did Sunday really have to come so soon?

Before leaving I had been wondering if the belly would be a flotation device or not. Well - it is! It is pretty funny actually. Except when you want to dive down to pet manatees and the belly makes you pop right back to the surface. *sigh*
Patrick owes me a manatee petting!
It also makes it hard to forage for shells, but Drew helped me with that, and with "Fish hunting" =)

Another fun belly in the ocean fact - it feels marvelous floating around weightless...a little odd maybe with the baby tumbling around...and then you get out of the water and you become 6 months pregnant in a matter of seconds. UHG!
Staying in the water forever does not work though, not only will you get properly sunburned...you will get sea sick...seriously!

But my flotation device and I had a fantastic time, got way too much sunshine and sloshing about, ate very naughty food, pouted only slightly when Mojitos were made, and laughed so much my cheeks hurt!

I love the beach! I can't wait to take the baby there next summer! What will Patrick think of all the fishes I wonder?

2 comments:

ThingsTreasured said...

Awww yey! I am so thrilled you had a wonderful time. It sounds magickal. :) Welcome home!

Sandi said...

Thanks! =)