Saturday, July 11, 2009

24 Weeks - Enter the Baby Time Warp

I am now 24 weeks. Which means I technically have 16 weeks until my due date. Being very familiar with Murphy and his ass biting...I am preparing for 14 weeks, and the extra time I will hopefully have will be time to just relax a bit. Really...I want to make things so cozy for Patrick that he may be a few days late. The chances are pretty good since I was 2 weeks late, and my cycles are longer. If I stay hydrated - which I have been doing a MUCH better job of - I should be good to go.

So...that in mind...as I said, I want to have everything ready in 14 weeks.
The problem is we seem to have entered the Baby Time Warp Zone. I first became familiar with the time phenomenon when planning my wedding. Then we called it the Wedding Warp Zone.
It seems to be back again for baby, speeding up time at a neck breaking rate so you look at the clock see that it is almost 8pm and you swear you just started the day. What the hell happened to my day!?

But we must push onward, and work with the time we have, even if it is moving at warp speed.
Cuz Patrick is coming when he's coming...and we want to be as prepared as we possibly can...
and I can't help but shake the feeling that no matter how prepared we get in these next weeks...he's ganna surprise us all anyway.

1 comments:

ThingsTreasured said...

OMG I so understand. I think I am also stuck in your baby warp... how did THAT happen?