Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Patrick's First Word

Patrick knows a few words now. He says "doogk" or "doht" when he wants to know what something is(not that these are really words, but they are consistent sounds). If you ask him where the "flower" "fish" "kitty" or "owl" is he will point to them, respectively (though he does sometimes get fish and flower confused). If you tell him puppies say "woof" he will sometimes say "voof" back. He says "Mama" a lot, sometimes to me.
He understands no very very well now too...

But just now, he pointed to the owl on my pajama pants and said "Owl!" He was very happy when I praised his obvious genius. Then he pointed to another owl on my pants and said "Owl!" And giggled when I told him he was the smartest boy in all the world. Then he crawled over to his bouncer, pointed to the blue owl and said "Owl!"

I think it is official! "Owl" is Patrick's first word!

4 comments:

ThingsTreasured said...

OMG I love this child!!!

The Harry Potter Fan in me Squees with delight!

Lilli said...

Yes! I'm so excited! I love seeing kids learn something new, especially when you can actually see the process and the little light go on. He is so smart! And yes, I agree with Crystal that the Harry Potter fan in me is absolutely delighted :)

Unknown said...

That's so funny! I love it! Especially because of our mutual obsession with the them :) I'm actually equally as delighted that you have owl pants!

Sandi said...

LOL Oh my Harry Potter Fan friends...You're awesome!
It is definitely a fantastic first word! I was very excited =D

And as it happens...I have 2 pairs of owl pants =P