Thursday, March 19, 2009

8 Weeks Along

I've hit the 8 week mark today. It is hard to believe that it has been 3 weeks since I found out I am pregnant. It still feels as if it has only been a few days. And honestly, sometimes it still does not seem real...other times it is so real I teeter between absolute fear and giddy excitement.
Calm yourselves hormones! Seriously!

I had a bit of an unpleasant morning sickness experience at 2am today. I have been feeling particulary green and sleepy today. 

To top that off I have had a cold for a few days now. This is very very not fun! If I could just take Alka Seltzer or NyQuil or some other fabulous substance to knock me out for a few ours, I would get better so much faster...Oh well...it just is what it is. The cold does seem to be slowly going away...why is it that they appear suddenly and disappear at a snails pace? Someone has a sense of humor.

It is totally mind blowing to realize that I am now completely and directly responsible for the growth of a little person. I mean, with my animals I could do whatever I wanted, eat whatever I wanted, as long as they got love, food, and water it didn't matter...but with this little bean...everything I do, say, think, eat, drink, dont eat or drink...it all has a direct affect...
It can be a little overwhelming. It is also kinda cool.

I find myself wondering if the "morning" sickness will be getting worse or staying about the same and I just had an off day? Guess I'll find out soon enough.

0 comments: