Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Heartburn really hurts!

So there is this old wive's tale that having alot of heartburn while pregnant means that the baby will be born with a full head of hair...
That thought comforts me at times like this. It is 2:25am and I cannot lie down or I will vomit. Heartburn hurts...so much...

I am not a stranger to heartburn. After the wedding planning I developed an ulcer (probably had more to do with the umteen cups of coffee I drank the last few months before, and about a month after the wedding, and less with actual stress) So I had to take medication and everything. I discovered natural remedies that worked wonders and got off the medication, and rarely had heartburn anymore, and even then it wasn't so bad...and certainly I could sleep through the night just fine...

I actually got through most of the pregnancy heartburn free, or with just mild pain here and there...
until recently...
My old rememdies do not work. Small meals do not work. Tons of water does not work...nothing works...
It just hurts and it sucks so bad.

I will miss so many things about being pregnant. I will not miss the heartburn from Hell.
Might be worth it if he really does come out with hair on his head. How cute would that be!?

I really am so sleepy though...

1 comments:

ThingsTreasured said...

I'm so sorry sweety. That really sucks. I know of no wonder natural remedy cures. :( My savior for the vomit inducing heartburn is pepcid chewables. I don't know if you can take them or not though.

::squishy hugs::