Thursday, April 23, 2009

13 Weeks!

I wanted to say "Yey! I've reached the second trimester!" But now I am all confused about this again. Some places I read say that I am now in my second trimester, and some say I won't be until 14 weeks! Well which is it!?
But you know... since most of them say the second trimester begins now - I'm going to go with that! =)

I've come to realize that the first three months where you don't show (or hardly show) are needed to come to terms with the huge life change. Whether it is something that was planned or not.

I've read so many books...but they leave important things out. Things like...you may not be as excited as you think you should be, or thought you would be...and that is OK! You may just feel weird. Not bad or really good...just some kind of nondescript weirdness. You will at least tear up when you hear your baby's heartbeat, but it may not be earth shattering until the 10th time you hear it. And that is OK! You will need to learn to laugh at the weirdness, the food aversions and cravings, and the mood swings (after you apologize to the person you just decapitated with your words)...
And most importantly...you may discover that despite all your good intentions to be "perfect" and ingest only the healthiest of foods and drink your special tea everyday...and remember your vitamin every day...you probably won't...and THAT IS OK!
Way before there were nutritional guidelines, prenatal vitamins, and prenatal yoga...there were woman drinking mead, whiskey, and or wine daily, eating nothing but bread and meat...it is called the dark ages...and what followed? The Renaissance! SO those babies obviously turned out just fine.

And now that I am entering into my next phase of this pregnancy journey, I am a bit nervous, but also quite excited to see what I'll be learning this time.

I have also come to realize that while I still have doubts and fears...
I am really falling head over heels for this little thing inside me.

0 comments: