Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Endings and beginnings

I recently (this past Monday) lost Smoky. He was my mom's Siberian Husky and Samoyed mix dog, but he became everyone's dog. He had a much longer life than most dogs his size, so we were blessed in that respect. It just made me think about mortality, and bringing life into this world. I am so blessed again that Sandi and I are having our Patrick Pumpkin. I've also fully enveloped myself in the belief that death is only the beginning of a greater journey, one that we are only preparing for in this life.


The pumpkin will move and kick now when I talk to him, even if I'm speaking a few feet away. It brings me joy every time I feel or see the belly move and bump. There're no words to express the feeling of knowing that the life being built is yours to shape and mould into a human being, who then gets to go into the world and make their mark. I hope that all my children get a better start than I had (which will be pretty tough to top, because my 'rents are awesome).

1 comments:

Sandi said...

I love you!